Thursday, February 12, 2009

Vacation plans

So, we've decided to take the kids to Disney this year. I have yet to find someone that can match my level of enthusiam with Disney...including my 8 year old son. I count down the days until we leave. I cry when they do that whole opening the park thing with Mickey and cast coming in on the train at the Magic Kingdom (That's right...I said I CRY). When the gates open I literally skip down Main Street. I giggle like I'm 5 years old and seeing it all for the first time. I dream of moving into that castle. I head straight for Tomorrow Land (although Space Mountain was a bit shaky last time which made it scary for completely different reasons that it used to). I ride Dumbo like a big dumb butt. I hit the Haunted Mansion a hundred times and Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain Railroad just about as much. I don't care if it's raining, snowing, or if there is a Category 5 hurricane. If the park is open, I'm all over it. I hit everything I like as if it were a tactical strike. 2 years ago we took my son and one of his cousins. That was....an experience. Not counting the 10 hour car ride there with a little girl that talked almost the entire time and the relentless "Are we there yet?" from the backseat, it wasn't as bad as I thought it could have been. I don't allow my kid to whine...so he doesn't, but other people's children...what do you do? They actually asked if they could go swimming. It was complete blasphemy. Who the hell goes to Disney and actually gets into a freakin pool? Not even when I was a child did I ever once ask to swim while at Disney. That's just madness! But, we swam right after we checked in. It made me sick, but we did it for the children. I forced them to ride every ride once. You can't imagine the whining and moaning and even tears. People must have thought that I was a horrible mother. I don't care. Once the ride was over, they wanted to get back on. Made me want to stab myself repeatedly. Honestly, causing a huge scene just to want to get off and go get back in line over and over and over. At any rate, this year we are taking the 8 year old and the 1 year old. This has the potential to be a complete nightmare. But, I'm trying to stay optimistic. Again we are driving...because we are gluttons for punishment...and airline tickets...ugh! Can't wait to update you on the whole experience.

So...having reconnected with a couple of old friends from high school...I do what I always do...I scared at least one of them off. I don't know if it's that I'm pushy or nosey or have a wicked evil sense of humor that scares the hell out of people, but it usually takes only a short time before they are running screaming away from me. It's only been like a day and a half and I'm fairly certain that I'll never hear from this one again. And I was actually trying to be nice and helpful. But, crazy over the top, I suppose. So much for reconnecting. Maybe this is why I avoid people. It's one thing for people to suspect that your weird, but it's an entirely other thing to confirm that for them...and so quickly. Geez! To those of you that aren't scared away so easily...we're going to have a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment