Thursday, April 2, 2009

Lose Yourself

Okay. I'm soooo sorry for the previous post. Just working through some of those anger issues I've told you about.

Anyway, I believe I have a hold on myself tonight. I should probably not share that sort of information, though.

Look, if you had one shot, one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted, one moment, would you cash it? Or just let it slip?

Yes, I went there. I am addressing things in my life and I am hellbent on trying out for all of the things that I have ever dreamed of doing. I am older than most people that start for their dreams, but whether 18, 38, or 55 why should I not go for it? Why wouldn't you? It's scary. It's definitely pushing yourself out of your comfort zone and putting yourself out there. Failure is more a possibility than success is, but if you don't grab at every chance then you will one day look back on your life and be filled with regret. I want to regret nothing past this point.

To those that know me, that is what's going on with me. This is why I'm doing things that you probably thought I never would. Things that just don't seem like me. You may see a crazy person. Sometimes that's what it takes. Mid life crisis? Maybe. But, I'll use whatever this is running through me to force myself to move forward. I no longer want complacency.

What are your dreams? What are your ambitions? What is keeping you from them? What will you see at the end when you look back on your life? Will there be dreams left unfulfilled simply because you were too afraid to try for them? Will you see failure, but be completely satisfied because at least you gave it your best shot? Will you see success beyond your wildest imaginings?

What will you see?

No comments:

Post a Comment