Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Breath Away

Your time with us was so brief, but you changed my life so profoundly in just those few precious moments. Although my broken heart will never mend, I refuse to be bitter or angry over losing you because it would tarnish the memory of the beautiful, precious time you spent with us. I do truly cherish each second I had with you.

My beautiful angel, I may not be able to hold you or even touch you, but I see you every day. I feel you here with me. You gave me hope when I thought all was lost. You taught me to see the beauty in everything. You gave me strength when I had none. You gave me courage to go on when all I wanted to do was curl up and die with you. I vowed on that day, April 18, 2002, to make every moment of the rest of my life mean something. In your memory, I embrace every breath. In your honor, I embrace life.

So, though you never got the chance to truly live, you have left your mark on this world and left your tiny footprint on my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment