Monday, June 15, 2009

Oh My God! I can't believe it's YOU!

So, I went to a junior high school reunion. Yes, that's right. I said JUNIOR high school. I thought it was bizarre myself. Anyway, I fully expected to get there and be bored. I know it's awful to say this, but I really had no interest in seeing any of those people again. It's not that I wish any of them any ill, but the past is the past and well, no need to drag out all those memories and shit.

Fuck it. I went. At first, I didn't recognize anyone. Seriously, I was looking around and there was absolutely no one that I saw that looked even vaguely familiar. Okay. So, my husband and I had paid to be there and there was liquor and food and we had each other. We got a couple of drinks and started chatting with each other. I was perfectly okay with talking to my husband. He's so cute. (Hi honey! You are the sexiest man alive. You rock my world, baby. *blows kisses in your direction*) Anyway, I look over and see the person I was looking forward to seeing there....my friend Bobby. (Sorry, but you will forever be Bobby to me. I have no idea who this Bob person is) Okay, so it was awkward at first with everyone. Once I had a few drinks in me, I felt more comfortable and was able to chat with people. Still, I recognized almost no one. People would come up to me with that whole "Oh my God! It's been so long! How've you been?" And I would stand there and do my best to convince this person that I remembered them. Truth is, until I saw their name tags, I had no fucking clue who 3/4 of those people were.
As a bonus, those of us that paid ahead of time got to have one of our year book pictures on our name tag. And, as a double bonus, they seemed to have chosen the worst picture of the 3 year book pictures. Awesome! My husband just kept telling me that I looked like a boy. Fucker!

All in all, the night went well. I enjoyed myself. I didn't get as hammered as I ordinarily would have so I didn't make the usual ass of myself. I didn't dance. I didn't take my clothes off. I didn't make out with anyone. I didn't end up in the pool...although I tried hard to get Bobby into the pool. I even promised that if he went in, I'd get in. But, it didn't happen.

As much as I really didn't want to go, I had fun.

My 20 year high school reunion is in just a few weeks. I can't wait! Again, there are only a few people I have any interest in seeing, but what the hell. I may actually make an ass of myself at that reunion. I can't wait to share it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment