Thursday, November 13, 2008

Beginnings

So, here I am. I've gone over and over in my head whether this blogging thing is a good idea. Is it ever a good thing to let random people into your head? Especially when comments you make in your everyday life typically leave people staring at you in confusion...usually with their heads cocked to the side like dogs. Are you messing with them or are you genuinely this disturbed? They can never tell. I admit, that alone tickles me in ways I'm not proud of. But, hey, I'm not blogging for any other reason than to get this craziness out of my head from time to time.

I am riddled with knots or as my husband likes to tell me, my neck and shoulders feel like stone. He says he can't tell if he is massaging bone or a knotted muscle. 9.5 times out of 10 it's the knotted muscle. Why? I guess because like every other mother, I take it upon myself to try to do everything. I stay constantly stressed. Frankly, how I haven't had a heart attack yet is a surprise even to me. Everything needs to be done and needs to be done NOW! Then I get overwhelmed and curl up in the fetal position on the sofa and eat my way through several bags of trans fat filled comfort food until I just want to hurl. There might be some normal person under all of this twisted knotted mess, but I wouldn't recognize her. I know, I need to learn how to "manage stress" better. Who in the world has time for that?

No comments:

Post a Comment