Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Stand up, Step up, or Shut up!

I get it. Politics suck. Politicians suck. I've never seen a politician that I trust. You are stupid if you believe one word of what comes out of their mouths. Not one of them can be trusted. Oh, they may start out with good intentions, but once they get in the game there isn't one of them that stays in it for honest motives. Not one.

Now, you don't like the way the country is being run. Do something about it. You don't like that we seem to be heading towards government run health care system, write your congressmen. You don't like H.R. 45: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009, write your congressmen. If you think that H.R. 757: To redesignate the Federal building and United States Courthouse located at 200 East Wall Street in Midland, Texas as the "George H. W. and George W. Bush United States Courthouse and George Mahon Federal Building" is a huge fucking waste of taxpayer funds and time, WRITE TO YOUR CONGRESSMEN. If you do not agree with something our government is doing, write to them...start a movement...get a petition going.

What I would like for you to do, however, is stop fucking bitching to me about it. On some points I may agree with you and others I do not. Either way, I'm not the person to complain to. When I get pissed about the asshats in charge doing something else that I don't approve of, I fire off a heated letter....to my elected officials. I make my voice heard. Now, sure, sometimes I am the minority and their vote goes the other way, but at least I have let them know how I feel. And, let me just say that when writing to your elected officials, back up your arguments with facts, not hearsay, not media spun bullshit, not threats. Give logical, well thought out reasoning. Encourage others to do the same and MAYBE WE CAN GET THOSE FUCKERS TO ACTUALLY REPRESENT US FOR A CHANGE INSTEAD OF JUST SAYING THEY DO.

My point in this whole thing is LEAVE ME THE FUCK OUT OF IT. I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOUR OPINION. All you succeed in doing is irritating me and weighing the pros and cons of a prison sentence for stomping you into the ground.

Thank you and God Bless America!

1 comment:

  1. So noted. I won't bring it up again, and I'm sorry that I made a comment that got you looking up the bills in the first place. :) You're funny when you're pissy.

    ReplyDelete